Oct 23, 2010

First Snow

St. Ann's Parish Centre
Well, it happened. At some point this morning the annual arrival of snow in these northern parts has finally come to fruition. Thus begins a pilgrimage of white for the foreseeable future.

I happen to find myself in Flin Flon, MB for the weekend. For those new to these pages I am also the pastor of St. Ann's in Flin Flon for this pastoral year. It was a new appointment that I share with Fr. Bill Stang, OMI, who also helps out here from time to time.

It is a wonderful setting to embrace winter and as I sit in the rectory this afternoon I am reninded of how soothing a snowfall can be. The snow is falling gently around me and I am enriched by the warmth of God's spirit in my life. I feel part of a painting as a sit and write with Kismet (my dog) at my feet as the large picture windows in the rectory reveal the beginnings of the this season of winter. How blessed am I?
View from Baker's Narrows

This morning began with my two friends from Ontario leaving for Winnipeg and their flight East. I celebrated a Holy Hour with some folks from the parish which was followed by a beautiful breakfast. I returned to celebrate Eucharist with the children enrolled in Religious Education and let me say it was a moving mass with such youthful enthusiasm.

I will quietly reflect on a homily for the weekend this afternoon and get ready for the weekend's ministerial schedule with heartfelt anticipation. All in all a full day. I do hear rumblings that there is a "games night" planned in the parish hall this evening for some of our youth so I best rest up in order to remain competitive.

Know of my prayer for many and all and thank you for your patience in the last days as I was without an internet connection to be able to post. Blessings on your weekend.

No comments: