Nov 14, 2010

Sunday Morning Distraction

Good Morning Church,

Welcome to the 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time, the second last Sunday of the Liturgical Year. This hour would normally have me contemplating the final touches on my homily for the day and instead I find myself praying for my home team: The Hamilton Tiger Cats! 

It is the semi-final game for the East and West today and I have no doubt my Riders will see victory through for our Western Division. My anxiety lies with Hamilton facing the Argo's this afternoon after mass. In recent years, Hamilton has never shown such promise. I'm excited for my Cats and am praying this is the year for them to shine.

This is the perfect year for them to demonstrate their renewed vigor for the game we all know and love: CFL Football!

In any case, it will be a mass this morning that will have me saying some special prayers for my teams in both the East & West. I'm certain that it is no coincidence that the readings this morning at liturgy our "end of times" themed. Hmmmmmm....where will my mind be this morning?

As ever...a blessed day one and all.

No comments: