Dec 17, 2011

Greetings from Snow Lake

Good day, Church

Posting from Our Lady of the Snows Parish in Snow Lake, MB. I'm here for the Fourth Sunday of Advent and just traveled in from Flin Flon, MB on a snow packed highway. Yes, there is a lot of snow in Snow Lake.

Will do my best to get some posts up and running as there is a lot happening in the days ahead.

I had the privilege of speaking at an ecumenical men's prayer breakfast group this morning in Flin Flon. It was very refreshing to gather together with some like minded Christian men to share our faith and to strengthen our commitment as disciples of Jesus Christ. This group meets monthly and I am grateful to have been invited to join them. I will do my level best to promote this group with our parish in the hopes of getting a few men from our parish to join in this fellowship. We have numerous organizations of women who gather to pray within the parish but it was refreshing to gather with the intent of sharing our male spirituality. My thanks to those who welcomed me this weekend.

I'm off to supper with a family here in the parish and am looking forward to getting a good night's sleep this evening.

A blessed evening to one and all.

No comments: