Nov 1, 2012

Story of a New Priest

The pathway to the ministerial priesthood of Jesus Christ is not spoken of often today. As a priest and pastor in 2012 it is an issue near and dear to my own heart. Our diocese has not ordained a priest in over 10 years. I am one of two incardinated priests of my archdiocese. We hover around a dozen priests for 49 parishes and two thirds of our clergy are currently priests from overseas.

I am the youngest diocesen priest of this diocese as my counterpart is over the age of 70 now. I wonder, daily, what the future of our diocese will bring.

I came across an article about the formation of priests today and in particular the priesthood of a young man from Boston who was recently ordained. It is a lengthy article but if you have time, if you love your church, if you love priests then take time to read it.

It made my day and reminded me yet again, how much I love the priesthood.

You may find the article here.

No comments: