Sep 14, 2011

Greetings from Southern Manitoba

Good Morning, Church


Posting from Lorette, MB where I am for a couple of days to visit a friend of mine who is suffering with terminal cancer.  These are grace filled days that allow us to see God's hand in the daily struggles of life.


I am reminded if the fragility of life and how far too often I can take it for granted. To be able to see God's hand working in the lives of my friend's family is both humbling and enriching.


I said goodbye to my parents yesterday as they departed for their home in Hamilton, ON.  It was a blessed two weeks and I am very grateful for the time I was able to spend with them during their visit.


A warm thank you to my new parish of St. Ann's in Flin Flon, MB for their warm welcome at my installation mass on September 4th.  I look forward to many years at St. Ann's (even though the Bishop only gave me three - we'll stretch that out now won't we?) 


I am particularly grateful for the warm and refreshing welcome you all have given my parents during their visit.  They have remarked how at home they have felt while visiting among us. I pray that God will give them continued health enough to be able to visit again.


That is about all for now. Enjoy this cool morning and know of my prayer for each of you.


Blessings,


Father Paul

No comments: