Dec 30, 2010

Greetings from Flin Flon

Good evening, Church,

Reaching out to you from St. Ann's in Flin Flon where I have finally landed after a week of liturgies, prayers and visiting. Your author is in need of a couple of quiet days as we push through to the Feast of Mary, Mother of God and The Epiphany.

I arrived this afternoon and will stay through until Saturday when I will return to The Pas for Mass on the Epiphany.


The shortage of clergy is affecting our region deeply and I ask for your indulgence as January promises to be a challenging month for our pastoral region. I am finding myself yet again reflecting on the need for the greater Church to adequately address the issue of why men are not becoming priests in North America. The answers are varied and many but pretending that "all is well" is only allowing us to barely "maintain" what we already have. How can we hope to grow in our Christian journey when priests are unreachable and scarce?

Your author is frustrated but I guess that is acceptable given the end of the year is looming on the horizon.

Tomorrow is a new day and a day that I'll be able to catch up on the mail and the postings. A warm thank you to all for the Christmas greetings and prayers over the last days - they are always appreciated and desperately needed. Thank you.

I apologize for the "rant"...

Good Night Church...as always, more to follow.

No comments: