Dec 2, 2010

Mid-week Fervor

Good Morning Church - sorry for the slow posts but it has been a busy week and I am still nursing my wounds over the Riders' defeat on Sunday.

I have been pondering the latest in some scheduling mishaps and am realizing that our Church is changing far more quickly than even I can appreciate at times.

In trying to juggle the schedules of the 5 parishes I am becoming increasingly aware that I am fighting the flow more and more. I need to let go a little and remember that this is God's Church and I can only do what I can do when I can do it.

A senior pastor told me once, when I first started out, that he used to fear the days when his calendar was free because those would be the days that God would fill in his agenda. I get frightened when God is filling in my agenda when the schedule is already full. I am reminding myself to let go of my need to do everything and accept that there are still things I cannot change.

With that, here is an "I'm sorry, Church" for not always being at my best when it comes to scheduling.

As ever...more to follow.

No comments: