Oct 12, 2011

Laughing at Ourselves

If I were given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation it would be the ability of each individual to learn to laugh at himself.
--Charles Schulz
 

At times in life we learn to laugh at the people we once were. This is a healthy kind of self-ridicule. Above all, we laugh at the person we never again have to be if we learn from the mistakes of our past. To blot out the "me" of yesterday, we have only to follow some very simple guidelines.

At times, obeying the principles, which have been set down for us, may not be easy. But with our realization that we have chosen to stop playing God comes the awareness that difficulties need not be disastrous. If everything in life came easily, we would lack sparkle in our lives.

I am thankful my sense of humor has found freedom. Now I am able to laugh at myself, which is the height of self-conquest.

No comments: