Mar 12, 2011

First Sunday of Lent Musings

Good Evening, Church

A quiet evening which finds me home in The Pas has me reflecting that it is hard to believe it is the First Sunday of Lent which is now upon us.

I would like to think I am taking the opportunity to deepen my relationship with Jesus and with Our Father in heaven.  Truth be told, it is an intimidating season, this Season of Lent. I have it within myself to set new goals and make renewed efforts in the daily practice of my Christian faith but I also have the time tested and true reality of my human frailty that consistently 'hounds' me.

I choose and want to make this Lent different. I choose to make it count. To double my efforts in this one relationship that has seen me through so many difficult moments. I choose to want to give God my best this Season of Lent. I choose to make the effort that will make this season a time for interior growth and transformation.

I cannot do this alone. I'm blessed with a happy ministry in wonderful communities of both The Pas and Flin Flon.  I'm blessed with being able to lead others in this practice of faith.

Let us do this together...you & I. Let us make this Season of Lent one in which we will all be renewed in our prayer, fasting and almsgiving...giving of our time, talent and treasure.

A blessed night, one and all....and...

Happy Lent!

No comments: