Mar 24, 2011

Living in the Present

All We Have Is...

We can only live now, this moment. We cannot erase the mistakes we made yesterday or bring back the good times we had. We cannot know what tomorrow will require of us, nor can we ensure future security and happiness. Now is what we have, and now is everything.

We can follow our plan now. We can abstain this moment. We can deal with the problems, which confront us today as best we can, trusting God to guide us. We can be in touch with our Higher Power only in the present.

As we focus on the present moment, we live it deeper, and we derive a satisfaction that we did not know when we were regretting the past and worrying about the future. Whatever happens, now is all I can manage and all I need.

I am grateful for this present moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Father Paul, I enjoyed reading some of these blogs you have written. I was hoping to get into contact with you somehow but I am unable to get an email to your parish. I went to school with you in Hamilton......I was hoping you could contact me at domenica@mortgagedesigns.ca.