Mar 31, 2011

Thursday Evening

Good Evening, Church

This evening finds me in Thompson, MB for the next couple of days. This afternoon's drive was uneventful and a quiet escape from the hustle of the week.

I drove through some slush/rain to find a warm welcome in the home of Tyler & Sheri Harris, a couple who I married 5 years ago and who have become close friends.

I'll be here until Saturday when I head to Snow Lake, MB for liturgy on Sunday morning.

This evening gives me pause to reflect on how blessed priests are to have friends to share our lives with. We can often become so engaged in caring for others that we sometimes lose sight of the fact that we also need to be cared for.

I'm a grateful little pastor this evening as I counted my blessings for 400 kms today.

As ever, more to follow...off to enjoy a dinner among friends now.

Good Night, Church.

No comments: